Sunday, March 10, 2013

Great Exhibition if I may say so myself

Well first of all I'd like to say a very hearty thank you to all the wonderful folk who came to the opening and it such a really enjoyable evening. The turn out was fabulous and the buzz amazing. I was caught out on the back foot a bit as I was down the back in the office talking to people who were interested in buying artwork and it took a long time before I was able to make my way into the gallery space and join in.  My special piece A Gentle Reminder went to a new home as did BirdBoy so I was very pleased that they were so appreciated. I had several smaller works that also went to new owners and the raffle painting Waiting was eagerly sought after too. With a lovely opening speech by Margi Gibb, the show was an overall success. I had a few people drop by over the following weekend and despite the dreadful weather and my sharp decline due to the flu it ended well too. So another solo show, over 30 works and in the top floor of an office building in an obscure street with no frontage to speak of. But worth the effort. Some pics of the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment