Sunday, March 10, 2013

Rising Tide

I have spent the last few weeks by the ocean and have been kept constant company by the ebb and flow of the tides and it has comforted me. I am writing and reading and unfortunately not painting as much as I would like, but maybe it is the time to just write. This painting "Rising Tide' was completed before I left for Queensland. A luminous work that suggests the gilded cage, living as we do but feeling trapped just the same. This time the bird looks on at the man inside the cage and if he had wings he could fly out. A ladder awaits, there is a way out but the test is how to do this. We see his struggle, the wall is transparent but he does not see us. I haven't had much or any actually response on this work and welcome a comment if anyone so chooses to venture their opinion.


Rising Tide
oil on canvas 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment